I've really enjoyed watching everyone's dialect vlogs lately, so I went ahead and did my own. It's a lot of fun to get to actually hear and see everyone who I follow--I like it so much in fact that I've joined the Vlog of the Month Club, which was created by kjpugs and Hannah. Check it out if you're interested in vlogging too!
For this dialect vlog I had to say a list of words, and then answer some questions, which I've copied below. I'm sure I probably don't sound like what you'd expect (nobody did when I watched their vlogs!), and as much as I hate how I sound to myself, for your viewing pleasure, here is my dialect vlog:
The words from the dialect vlog:
Aunt, Route, Wash, Oil, Theater, Iron, Salmon, Caramel, Fire, Water, Sure, Data, Ruin, Crayon, Toilet, New Orleans, Pecan, Both, Again, Probably, Spitting image, Alabama, Lawyer, Coupon, Mayonnaise, Syrup, Pajamas, Caught
And the questions to answer are:
- What is it called when you throw toilet paper on a house?
- What is the bug that when you touch it, it curls into a ball?
- What is the bubbly carbonated drink called?
- What do you call gym shoes?
- What do you say to address a group of people?
- What do you call the kind of spider that has an oval-shaped body and extremely long legs?
- What do you call your grandparents?
- What do you call the wheeled contraption in which you carry groceries at the supermarket?
- What do you call it when rain falls while the sun is shining?
- What is the thing you change the TV channel with?
Have you been enjoying the vlogging trend as much as I have?